Blame the title of this story on good friend Jon Greuel – founder of LaDawri.com and LaDawri Coachcraft celebrateur. He’s returning from nearly a year overseas in the military and wrote in:
“Geoff….any ‘glass on the grass’ that I missed this past year?”
Well…besides the recent appearance of Rick D’Louhy’s LaDawri Conquest at Amelia Island (click here to review that story) there have been some notable jaunts into the public arena. So….this story’s dedicated to you Jon – coming home in just a few days….may your remaining days overseas be peaceful, safe, and reflective – and get your butt home safe and sound!
Off we go…
Geordie Prodis And His Byers SR100:
Here’s what I recently heard from Geordie about his Byers:
I got second place for unique vehicles at the Concourse De Elegance at Arapaho Community College’s United Cerebral Palsy Sponsored event. I got 244 points out of a total possible 250. Shown are the judges hovering over the Byers SR100 at the event and the other photo shows the ribbon (that was sent to me a month later) sitting on the hood in my driveway.
I hope you are doing well.
Let’s have a look what Geordie sent in 🙂
Jerry Wood, Rodney Packwood, and Jerry’s Glasspar G2:
Here are photos sent in from Jerry and Rodney when they brought Jerry’s G2 to the Dana Point Concours d’ Elegance:
Phil Fleming And His Devin Sports Car
Here are photos of Phil Fleming and his Devin at two events: The first at a show in his hometown of Flemington, New Jersey; the last at a Memorial Day Parade.
Clark Mitchell And His Almquist Sportster:
And here’s a picture sent in by Clark of an event he attended last year too 🙂
So….it’s happening gang.
Vintage ‘glass is starting to show up at events across the land. So many of the cars we’ve had or stewarded have been kept at the back of the barn far too long. Join the legions now moving forward with their restorations and plan on having some fun. I know that Geordie, Jerry, Rodney, Phil, and Clark are having a ball with their cars – always the only such vehicle no matter the show they attend.
This year we are planning two fantastic fiberglass events: The first at the Classy Chassis Concours d’ Elegance in Houston Texas, and the second at the Salisbury Concours d’ Elegance in Des Moines, Iowa. Click on the links below and plan to attend – we’d love seeing you (and your car) at the show 🙂
Hope you enjoyed the story, and until next time…
Glass on gang…
* Click on the following link to view all stories on: Fiberevents Across The World
* New Feature: To post your comments and thoughts about this story, scroll down the page and post your information in the section titled “Leave A Reply.” Your name and e-mail address will be required, but only your name will appear – not your e-mail address.
* Click here to visit the Forgotten Fiberglass Forums and post your thoughts about vintage fiberglass cars.
* Click here to listen to our Podcast led by Todd Ruel of Gone Autos
* Click here to visit our Forgotten Fiberglass Facebook page
* Don’t Forget: We appreciate any and all donations to our Forgotten Fiberglass website. Your donations help defray production costs. To make a donation, look for the “Support Forgotten Fiberglass” box at the bottom right of our website and click on the word “Donate”. All contributions help make “Forgotten Fiberglass” the best it can be.
Click on the Images Below to View Larger Pictures