Merrill Powell, parner and co-owner of Victress Manufacturing with Doc Boyce-Smith from 1953-1961, turns 82 years old today.
Happy Birthday Merrill!
Our “fearless leader of fiberglass” has joined us at nearly every significant fiber-event in the past 6 years including:
- Amelia Island Concours d’ Elegance, 2007
- Amelia Island Concours d’ Elegance, 2010
- Petersen Automotive Museum “Fantasies of Fiberglass” exhibit, 2010
- Milwaukee Masterpiece Concours d’ Elegance, 2011
- And a gaggle of other ‘glass and non-glass car related events
What better way to say “Happy Birthday” then to review some of the ways in which Merrill and his “Merry Band of Fiber-Followers” have enjoyed each other’s company over the past few years. The pictures shared are from the events mentioned above and other miscellaneous “car adventures” along the way these past many years.
And away we go….
So please join us in wishing Merrill Powell a wonderful and fun “Happy Birthday” today by posting your well-wishes in the “Comments” area at the bottom of this story.
And word on the street is that Merrill and Gerianne may be attending the Salisbury Concours d’ Elegance in September of this year – where we will be holding a “Forgotten Fiberglass” class. Those of you attending may have an opportunity to say “hello” and “Happy Birthday” to Merrill in person. We’ll keep our fingers crossed that both can join us in September. Click here to learn more about the Salisbury Concours d’ Elegance.
So “Happy Birthday” Merrill, and may you have many more happy and healthy birthdays ahead of you.
Hope you enjoyed the story, and until next time…
Glass on gang…
* Click on the following link to view all stories on: Victress Sports Cars
* New Feature: To post your comments and thoughts about this story, scroll down the page and post your information in the section titled “Leave A Reply.” Your name and e-mail address will be required, but only your name will appear – not your e-mail address.
* Click here to visit the Forgotten Fiberglass Forums and post your thoughts about vintage fiberglass cars.
* Click here to listen to our Podcast led by Todd Ruel of Gone Autos
* Click here to visit our Forgotten Fiberglass Facebook page
* Don’t Forget: We appreciate any and all donations to our Forgotten Fiberglass website. Your donations help defray production costs. To make a donation, look for the “Support Forgotten Fiberglass” box at the bottom right of our website and click on the word “Donate”. All contributions help make “Forgotten Fiberglass” the best it can be.
Click on the Images Below to View Larger Pictures