Here’s your reading assignment for this weekend – something to do to celebrate “Groundhog Day” here in the states.
Last Fall we created a new section of our website showcasing booklets, catalogs, and brochures from the early 1950’s fiberglass manufacturers and beyond. We started by placing 11 catalogs online for your review.
But these aren’t ordinary catalogs you would view online. When you visit the “Vintage Catalogs” section of our website, click on any of the images of the front page of each of these catalogs. When you take this action, another window will open on your screen and you’ll see the latest software we are using. Click on the bottom right or left of any page and you’ll advance one page forward or backward in the catalog.
You’ll even hear a sound indicating the page is turning on your computer. Electronic books are here to stay and this is one way that we hope you’ll enjoy, appreciate, and come to celebrate these cars in the ways that many of us already do.
And by the way….search along the bottom of the web page of each catalog and you’ll find a treasure trove of features that will enhance your viewing experience.
Ready….set…..go and visit the following link to begin your assignment:
Then, let us know what you think in the comments area at the bottom of this story.
And the good news…. you can visit this new feature of our website anytime you like. Just click on the link titled “Vintage Catalogs” at the top of every page here at Forgotten Fiberglass. This link is on the “menu bar” of items at the top of every web page. We’ll be continually adding more catalogs, brochures, and other such items each and every month.
Hope you enjoyed the story, and until next time…
Glass on gang…
* Click on the following link to view all stories on: Vintage Catalogs and Brochures
* New Feature: To post your comments and thoughts about this story, scroll down the page and post your information in the section titled “Leave A Reply.” Your name and e-mail address will be required, but only your name will appear – not your e-mail address.
* Click here to visit the Forgotten Fiberglass Forums and post your thoughts about vintage fiberglass cars.
* Click here to listen to our Podcast led by Todd Ruel of Gone Autos
* Click here to visit our Forgotten Fiberglass Facebook page
* Don’t Forget: We appreciate any and all donations to our Forgotten Fiberglass website. Your donations help defray production costs. To make a donation, look for the “Support Forgotten Fiberglass” box at the bottom right of our website and click on the word “Donate”. All contributions help make “Forgotten Fiberglass” the best it can be.